About this minor
During this interiors minor, students design a (small) exhibition space with a fully detailed fragment of the building or interior. The minor consists of two quarters, each divided into two separate courses: The Design project and the Tools course.
During the second quarter, students design and build a fragment of the building on different scale levels (1:10/1:5 and sometimes even 1:1) based on the outcome of their space or display (or that of a fellow student) designed in Q1. This design project (Spaces of Display 2) runs parallel to a Tool course (Tools for Spaces of Display 2). The workshops and lectures in this quarter make a substantial contribution to the theme of the project.
At the end of Q2 you will:
- have the skill to establish the connection between idea, function and material elaboration of a fragment of the building / interior;
- have acquired knowledge, insights and skills in the domains of furniture / interior design, analysis and presentation;
- have developed abilities in the targeted analysis of design precedents and the effective representation and communication of findings, using various representation techniques as well as digital and physical models;
- be able to develop a consistent fragment. This covers the materialisation of the object itself as well as the detailed scale; the processing of technical and aesthetic aspects plays an essential part in this.
Teaching method and examination
Design project, excursion, lectures and workshops
Check the detailed overview of courses, learning activities and study load at https://www.studyguide.tudelft.nl/
Good to know
Admissible students will be selected based on their BSc programme to achieve an even interdisciplinary group.
Student at Leiden University, TU Delft or Erasmus University Rotterdam?
Check the eligibility matrix to see if your bachelor’s degree programme offers access to this and other minors at https://www.tudelft.nl/minor
Student at another educational institution?
External students cannot register via EduXchange. Interested in this minor, read the whole registration procedure at https://www.tudelft.nl/minor
For information about the courses, visit the TU Delft study guide.
For additional information on this minor, visit the TU Delft minor page.
- Link to more informationMinorpage on website of Delft University of Technology
- Contact coordinator
- CreditsECTS 15
- Selection minorYes