About this course
Becoming a Teacher 2 focuses on integration of theory on learning and instruction and practical teacher training. Theory on learning and instruction will be applied and tested in classroom settings. Students continually reflect on and learn from their experiences. They learn to analyse classroom events, to solve classroom-related problems and to develop themselves. This course is a follow-up to the courses Becoming a Teacher 1 and Learning and Instruction Theory, and will be followed parallel to ELS52506 Course Development.
NB: this course is part of the Minor Education and is integrated with an internship at a school. Note that if you are interested, you can contact the coordinator Piety Runhaar (firstname.lastname@example.org) about six months before the actual start of the minor, so that the internship can be organized.
After successful completion of this course, students are - under supervision within the domain of teaching at mavo and havo/vwo 1+2+3 or secondary vocational education (mbo) - expected to be competent in the 'teaching competencies' as defined by law.
Within the area of Professional development and Pedagogy:
- communicate on the level of the students (interpersonal competence);
- create a safe learning environment (pedagogical competence);
- communicate and cooperate with other teachers in the school (cooperation with colleagues and environment);
- reflect on their classroom experiences and draw conclusions from these to improve their performance.
Within the area of Subject matter and didactics:
- create a powerful learning environment (pedagogical content knowledge);
- organize a learning environment that is well-structured, clear and task-oriented (planning).
ELS51006 Becoming a Teacher Basics;
ELS51606 Learning and Instruction Theory;
ELS52006 Becoming a Teacher 1.
- CreditsECTS 6
- Contact coordinator