About this course
Are you aware of the sheer size and rapid development of tourism? And do you like to engage in meaningful debates concerned with a creative rethinking of these developments?
In this online course you learn how to integrate various social science approaches (psychology, sociology, geography) to a tourism case of your preference and share related insights in an international team. Learn and work on promising and new tourism developments, such as voluntourism, community based tourism, tourism co-creation, and others that you are interested in. In this course, you'll make use of interdisciplinary insights next to experienced accumulated within your team to rethink your team’s case. By working on alternative visions for the development of tourism, we facilitate an open online space for continuous discussion and representations of new ideas.
Please note: To gain access to this online course you need to carefully follow the instructions on Brightspace after registration.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- describe the latest tourism developments across the world;
- employ insights from various tourism disciplines to real life developments in tourism;
- discuss alternative visions through ongoing dialogues in your team and world cafe;
- create a convincing tourism vision for your team’s case;
- reflect on team’s vision and process next to personal contributions herein.
GEO57803 Introduction to Tourism and Society