About this minor
As a “Delta Expert”, you’ll know about what is going on in the field of water studies across the globe. You’ll not only learn about the Dutch Delta Programme, but also about other deltas in the world. You’ll undertake a field trip to neighbouring countries and gain a broad knowledge base. Together with water experts, you’ll study hydraulic structures, water treatment and water resources management from an interdisciplinary perspective. You’ll get to design and build your own measuring sensor that focuses on a typical feature of water, and you’ll finish the minor with a research project of your choice.
What will you learn:
- Through introductory courses, you’ll learn about a wide variety of disciplines relating to water issues.
- Through excursions and by talking to experts, you’ll learn about key water-related issues.
- You’ll learn about measuring water characteristics and will get to make your own measurement device.
- In the research project, you’ll gain in depth-knowledge on a topic of your choice.
At the end of the minor, the student is able to:
- Analyse water related projects on their societal relevance, consequences, alternatives and interdisciplinary links.
- Compute flows in selected water systems, evaluate and predict responses to natural and anthropogenic changes
- Make and present a business plan for a water related business
- Define a research question and set up your own research
- Learn about measurements and design a measurement device
- Collect relevant data and literature for a research topic
- Perform research and report in the format of a scientific article
Teaching method and examination
Minor Assessment: Exams, grading of group work or individual work and presentations
Check the detailed overview of courses, learning activities and study load at https://www.studyguide.tudelft.nl/
Good to know
Registration for this thematic minor is on a first-come, first-served basis and available places. (No lottery draw).
All TU Delft BSc students
National and international students who wish to learn about water issues or specialise in water issues at a later stage.
Student at Leiden University, TU Delft or Erasmus University Rotterdam?
Check the eligibility matrix to see if your bachelor’s degree programme offers access to this and other minors at https://www.tudelft.nl/minor
Student at another educational institution?
External students cannot register via EduXchange. Interested in this minor, read the whole registration procedure at https://www.tudelft.nl/minor
For information about the courses, visit the TU Delft study guide.
For additional information on this minor, visit the TU Delft minor page.
- Link to more informationMinorpage on website of Delft University of Technology
- Contact coordinator
- CreditsECTS 30
- Selection minorNo