About this course
In this course, the student is taught how to build interactive applications. Building interactive applications in Python is widespread in industry, research and education. For this, the course consists of three parts. In the first part, advanced programming principles are offered. As part of the design process, analysis of algorithms is included to help predict and evaluate the performance of applications. In the second part, Graphical User Interfaces are taught for building interactive applications. In the final part of the course, the students learn to use data sources to support applications. Databases, textual resources and the web are examples of the data sources considered. The obtained knowledge and skills will be applied in a final case study in which groups of students create interactive applications on a topic related to their study domain or interest.
After successful completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
• Create interactive applications using advanced python programming principles, constructs and libraries.
• Program graphical user interface-based applications in Python
• Apply advanced programming principles, including functional programming, object-oriented programming, dynamic programming and analysis of algorithms.
• Apply advanced programming constructs and libraries, including those for connecting to data sources, data visualisation, text processing, logging and event handling.
Fundamentals of programming (e.g. INF-22306 Programming in Python).
Specifically, you should be acquainted with the following concepts and techniques:
- variables, assignment, expressions, operators;
- functions (and/or procedures, subroutines, methods) and parameters; also making your own functions;
- control structures: at least: if, for, while;
- objects and their properties (fields, variables) and operations (methods);
- arrays, including standard algorithms to traverse arrays (searching, summing, finding the largest element, etc.).
13 mei 2024
- Ends5 juli 2024
- Term *Period 6
- Instruction languageEnglish
- Register between1 Jun, 00:00 - 7 Apr 2024