Over deze cursus
Introductory course on basic principles in toxicology, organ-specific toxic effects and risk assessment.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- summarize important generalized toxicological (biochemical) mechanisms underlying toxic responses following exposure to toxic chemicals;
- interpret the consequences of physiological processes on toxic responses in the human body;
- apply some important mechanisms (modes of action) of toxic chemicals that underlie the adverse effects observed to important toxic chemicals in food and the environment;
- Argue how non-laboratory animal data can be used in the toxicological risk assessment of chemicals;
- recall what type of data is required by regulatory bodies for the safety assessment of chemicals;
- design and execute a comprehensive toxicological concentration-response experiment and critically report and discus the results;
- apply the basic principles of risk assessment of chemicals in food and the environment.
ZSS06100 Laboratory Safety
Als er nog iets onduidelijk is, kijk even naar de FAQ van Wageningen University.
Dit aanbod is voor studenten van TU Eindhoven