Over deze cursus
This course focuses on socio-economic aspects of the decision-making process in the field of Global One Health. The overall aim of the course is to appraise the wider impact of decisions in the Global One Health domain and to apply a systems approach to Global One Health issues. Attention is paid on 1) economic concepts and methods to quantitatively inform Global One Health decisionmakers and 2) examining potentially conflicting criteria of the decision making progress of Global One Health issues. The entire field of Global One Health (human, animal and environmental health) will be considered and the effect of prevention and mitigation strategies will be clarified. Next to the lectures, practicals will be organized where the knowledge obtained from the lectures will be applied to specific decision-making problems in the field of Global One Health. Students will work in groups to apply a systems approach to Global One Health issues and will write a report to reflect on their own personal role as Global One Health specialist.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- translate economic principles to Global One Health issues;
- employ quantitative tools and methods used in the economic assessment of Global One Health decisions;
- examine complex, multi-stakeholder Global One Health issues;
- appraise ethical, economical, societal and technical considerations for Global One Health intervention strategies;
- apply quantitative methods for decision-making in Global One Health issues taking into account potentially conflicting criteria;
- reflect on their own role as specialists in Global One Health issues.
Students should have followed Introduction to Global One Health (CPT56006) and furthermore have a basic understanding of epidemiological concepts (i.e., have followed Disease Ecology (REG33306), Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics (QVE20306), Introduction to Epidemiology and Public Health (HNH24806), or similar).
13 mei 2024
- Einddatum5 juli 2024
- Periode *Period 6
- Inschrijven tussen1 jun 00:00 - 7 apr 2024