About this minor
Creativity is a skill in high-demand everywhere in the world, independently of the field. But for one reason or another, many people still believe that creativity is only reserved for a lucky few or that it has no place in non-artistic fields. With this minor, we will break away those myths. You will learn how to become more creative (individually, in teams and in larger contexts), gain creative confidence, apply approaches to creative processes and critically think in innovative and forward-looking ways.
When you finalise the Minor Connected Creativity, you will be able to bring a creative-leading edge to your own fields of expertise and future workplace. This is particularly important, as we consider that current and future jobs are becoming more interconnected, imbued with political, cultural, societal and technological dimensions.
The minor is built up in two parts:
- The first quarter of 15 ECTS is block A —‘Ignite’; and is all about the basics of Creativity.
- The second quarter (also 15 ECTS) is block B—‘Electrified’; here we will dive deeper into the topic and can only be attended after participation in block A.
By the end of Q1 ‘Ignite’, you will be able to:
Evaluate best practices in relation to individual and team’s creative path.
Research and compare different creativity theories.
Apply creativity attitudes and skills, working both in teams and individually.
Apply a deliberate creative process, methods and techniques, in all stages of the integrated creative problem solving process in an interdisciplinary context.
By the end of Q2 ‘Electrified’, you will be able to:
- Apply a deliberate creative process in a real, interdisciplinary context, by connecting creativity and innovation in organisations.
- Indicate success factors and barriers of creativity in organizations.
- Investigate how creativity is situated in social, political and historical contexts.
- Criticise different scientific perspectives on creativity.
Teaching method and examination
Learning activities include but are not limited to workshops, creative sessions, creative interventions, seminars and lots and lots of post-its.
Examinations include project reports, reflection assignments, teach-back and research papers.
Check the detailed overview of courses, learning activities and study load at https://www.studyguide.tudelft.nl/
Good to know
All disciplines are welcome in Connected Creativity. From engineering to psychology. From German literature to astrophysics.
We are a selection minor in the sense that we aim for a balance between disciplines. We might select students to keep the following balance:
- 1/3 from the faculty of Industrial Design Engineering (TU Delft)
- 1/3 from other TU Delft faculties
- 1/3 other disciplines
No additional information needs to be submitted for the selection procedure.
Student at Leiden University, TU Delft or Erasmus University Rotterdam?
Check the eligibility matrix to see if your bachelor’s degree programme offers access to this and other minors at https://www.tudelft.nl/minor
Student at another educational institution?
External students cannot register via EduXchange. Interested in this minor, read the whole registration procedure at https://www.tudelft.nl/minor
- CreditsECTS 30
- Selection minorYes