About this minor
This LDE Minor combines the domains of design thinking and technology-enhanced learning and teaching with interdisciplinary group work. You are guided through your individual learning path towards skilled educational innovators and researchers who know their way in the worlds of Education, Technology and Design and are able to apply this knowledge in educational practice. In a multidisciplinary group you will face real-life challenges you have to solve considering all important aspects of three domains involved. The minor consists of two courses:
- Living Education Lab – the Basics (15 EC)
- Living Education Lab: Building a Challenge Solution (15 EC)
Watch this video presentation LDE-CEL minor: Living Education Lab for a short introduction of the minor.
After completing part A of this minor you will:
- be able to compare and contrast learning paradigms and their implementation in education
- know about different educational technologies and their affordances
- know how these technologies are used for enhanced learning
- know and understand the phases of Design Thinking and the associated activities and outcomes
After completing part B of this minor you have solved a given challenge, including:
- specifying different instructional design and pedagogies
- developing a conceptual design for an EdTech solution
- applying the Design Thinking process
Required prior knowledge
Students from all disciplines who are interested in education, technology and design thinking are welcome to participate. At the start of the minor the facilitators will compile the groups as diverse as possible so students are complementary in competencies and skills and learn from their peers. There is room for 90 students.