Over deze cursus
- Strategic importance of enterprise systems (and IT) as a resource in the era of digitalization: The strategic importance of the effective use of enterprise systems for digital transformation and innovation
- Acquisition of enterprise systems: Main decisions in acquiring enterprise systems, business case development and evaluation.
- Enterprise Systems Fundamental Concepts: Basic system types, history of digitalization, key components and properties of the specific types of systems (e.g., Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management, etc.).
- Management aspects of Digitalization through Enterprise Systems: Methods and approaches to enterprise system implementations, managing risks and critical success factors in EIS projects.
- Architectural aspects of Enterprise Systems: Overall structure of enterprise systems software and its relation to business processes, and styles in enterprise systems provisioning (on-premise, cloud, SaaS).
- Importance of enterprise systems for business intelligence.
After the course, the student is able to:
- explain the key concepts of digitalization and enterprise systems
- explain the strategic use of enterprise systems for digitalization
- identify different aspects of evaluating and acquiring enterprise systems
- distinguish different types of enterprise systems that are commonly used in organizations and explain their key characteristics
- identify different architecture styles of enterprise systems,
- discuss management-related aspects of enterprise system implementation and operation,
- use basic functionalities of an enterprise system (SAP ERP) by going through some core business processes.
Je moet voldoen aan de volgende eisen
- Ingeschreven voor een andere opleiding dan
- HBO-TOP Applied Physics, Schakelprogramma
- Geen van onderstaande cursussen mag zijn behaald
- Business information systems management (1BV20)