About this course
Information and communication systems nowadays play a vital role in our society. The course elaborates on designing and managing these information systems, a major challenge for the managers of an organization.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
a) create a new business model that relies on the application of smart information technology, smart use of data, smart business processes and business cases
b) in the context of such a business model:
- interpret, analyse and adapt data models and process models
- understand the process of business intelligence analysis
- apply information system architecture, characterize targeted customers, distinguish functionalities, plan realisation and implementation of IS
- design and realize a simple e-commerce application as a showcase of the above
- evaluate risk, ethical, and security issues related to IS
c) collaborate in all aspects of the above and perform peer evaluation
BMO24306 and basic PC and Windows skills.