About this course
This course covers the processes of structurally planning, developing and evaluating courses in a lesson series and a multidisciplinary project in secondary education or vocational education and training (MBO). This course is half theoretical, half practical and consists of individual assignments and group assignments to be presented in class. Students will actually plan, develop and evaluate an innovative lesson series (e.g. in biology) in a secondary school or in vocational education and training, using educational, curriculum, and learning theories.
NB: this course is part of the Minor Education and is integrated with an internship at a school. Note that if you are interested, you can contact the coordinator Piety Runhaar (email@example.com) about six months before the actual start of the minor, so that the internship can be organized.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- critically review educational visions, design, learning environment and learning activities within their own internship school and those of peers, using recent theories on learning and educational design;
- (re)design a coherent lesson series in their own school subject using recent theories on learning, educational design, learning environments;
- develop a lesson plan for a multidisciplinary project on sustainability in collaboration with peer students from other disciplines;
- develop different types of learning goals, and aligned activating learning activities and assessment methods;
- display an innovative and pro-active attitude towards educational development and evaluation;
- develop their own vision on learning and educational design;
- justify made choices with literature as well as own internship experiences.
ELS51006 Becoming a Teacher Basics. Course Development should be followed together with ELS52006 Becoming a Teacher 1 or ELS51506 Becoming a Teacher 2, all courses of the Education Minor
- CreditsECTS 6
- Contact coordinator