About this course
Food plays a central role in our society but few people actually understand what it does to our bodies. Learn more about nutrition and how our diet profoundly impacts our current and future health. This introductory nutrition course addresses the relationship between nutrition and human health with a focus on health problems related to overnutrition. More course information and instructions on how to register can be found on: https://www.wur.nl/Virtual-Exchange.htm or click on the top-right link on this page. Note: In order to receive credits for this course registration is only possible through the Virtual Exchange administration.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- demonstrate a broad view into the field of nutrition;
- understand the composition of foods;
- understand the basic chemistry of macronutrients fat, carbohydrate and protein;
- understand how macronutrients are absorbed, stored, metabolized and how they may impact health;
- understand how to better weigh and interpret the information overload about nutrition and health.
You must meet the following requirements
- Completed none of the course modules listed below
- Food Components and Health (HNH32206)
- N&H: Macronutrients, Energy and Health (HNH10806)
- CreditsECTS 2
- Contact coordinator