About this course
This course will address methodological aspects of exposure assessment in nutrition research. Focus is on:
- dietary assessment methods and in particular food frequency questionnaires;
- study design and analysis of evaluation studies to assess measurement error in nutritional surveillance and epidemiology.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- design and develop food frequency questionnaires;
- design an evaluation study to compare the performance of a food frequency questionnaire against one or more reference methods;
- explain the aims and principles of evaluation studies in the context of nutritional research;
- understand how errors in dietary assessment affect the interpretation of results from nutrition surveillance and nutritional epidemiology and how evaluation studies can be used to obtain estimates of potential errors;
- understand the analysis of evaluation studies on dietary assessment, including the use of biomarkers in nutritional epidemiologic research.
HNE293030 Measuring dietary intake. HNH25806 Research Methodology for Nutrition and Health I and HNH26306 Research Methodology for Nutrition and Health II or HNH24306 Methodology Nutrition Research; HNH24806 Introduction to Epidemiology and Public Health; MAT20306 Advanced Statistics or MAT24306 Advanced Statistics for Nutritionists.
- CreditsECTS 6
- Contact coordinator