About this course
Students will get acquainted with theories and research methods common in the field of health psychology. Topics that are addressed centre around three themes:
- predicting and changing health behaviour;
- coping with stress and illness;
- mental health.
During the course, students work in small groups on a research assignment including quantitative data collection by means of a questionnaire, statistical analysis with SPSS, and scientific writing.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- comprehend the field of health psychology, its merits and limitations;
- reproduce and apply basic concepts and theories to understand (and change) health and illness behaviour;
- collect and analyse quantitative data concerning (determinants of) health behaviour;
- write a proper scientific research report.
MCB10806 Introduction to Social Psychology and YRM10306 Research Methods in the Social Sciences