About this course
Learn how you can impact your health by balancing your gut health; how your microbiome together with your diet can improve normal gut function.
More course information and instructions on how to register can be found on: https://www.wur.nl/Virtual-Exchange.htm or click on the top-right link on this page.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- understand the concepts of host associated microbiome;
- explain the impact of the microbiome on health and disease;
- relate microbiome composition to diet and nutrition;
- understand the concept of microbiome based therapies;
- explain the possibilities of the microbiome as a tool for policy makers, medical doctors, non-profit organizations and industry.
The level of the course is introductory. The prerequisites are basic Biology.