About this course
Introduction to Animal Behaviour - will introduce you to the fundamental topics involved in Animal Behaviour research. You will learn not only what animals do, but also how scientists figure out the 'whys' behind their behaviour. The course will make you familiar with a range of different topics, illustrated with examples from the scientific literature. By completing this course, you will gain a broad understanding of the fundamental topics of behaviour.
More course information and instructions on how to register can be found on: https://www.wur.nl/Virtual-Exchange.htm or click on the top-right link on this page.
After successful completion of this course students are expected to be able to:
- understand how animal behaviour is a result of evolution and natural selection;
- understand the process of formulating and testing hypotheses about why animals do what they do;
- understand introductory concepts around animal cognition, communication, foraging, reproduction, and social behaviour;
- understand methods scientists use to study and answer questions about behaviour;
- understand how scientific research is reported.
- CreditsECTS 1
- Contact coordinator
If anything remains unclear, please check the FAQ of Wageningen University.
These offerings are valid for students of Utrecht University