About this course
- Strategic importance of enterprise systems (and IT) as a resource in the era of digitalization: The strategic importance of the effective use of enterprise systems for digital transformation and innovation
- Acquisition of enterprise systems: Main decisions in acquiring enterprise systems, business case development and evaluation.
- Enterprise Systems Fundamental Concepts: Basic system types, history of digitalization, key components and properties of the specific types of systems (e.g., Enterprise Resource Planning, Customer Relationship Management, etc.).
- Management aspects of Digitalization through Enterprise Systems: Methods and approaches to enterprise system implementations, managing risks and critical success factors in EIS projects.
- Architectural aspects of Enterprise Systems: Overall structure of enterprise systems software and its relation to business processes, and styles in enterprise systems provisioning (on-premise, cloud, SaaS).
- Importance of enterprise systems for business intelligence.
After the course, the student is able to:
explain the key concepts of digitalization and enterprise systems
explain the strategic use of enterprise systems for digitalization
identify different aspects of evaluating and acquiring enterprise systems
distinguish different types of enterprise systems that are commonly used in organizations and explain their key characteristics
identify different architecture styles of enterprise systems,
discuss management-related aspects of enterprise system implementation and operation,
use basic functionalities of an enterprise system (SAP ERP) by going through some core business processes.
You must meet the following requirements
- Registered for a degree programme other than
- HBO-TOP Applied Physics, Pre-Master
- Completed none of the course modules listed below
- Business information systems management (1BV20)
- CreditsECTS 5
- Contact coordinator
If anything remains unclear, please check the FAQ of TU Eindhoven.
These offerings are valid for students of Wageningen University